19 Dec Assessing The Pros And Cons Of Celery For Your Next Crowdfunding Campaign
Today, it is all about being in control of your startup or product concept.
While platforms like Indiegogo and Kickstarter are undoubtedly successful, you are limited as to how your campaign can look and you’re competing in a vast pool of other campaigns.
Celery, according to TechCrunch, is a revolutionary new platform that lets your company start selling a new product before it’s released. Essentially, you’re creating pre-orders and then you can charge for the product once it’s released.
With Celery, you self-host your campaign and break free from the reigns of bigger campaign platforms. In combination with all-inclusive crowdfunding services, it could be all you need to succeed.
However, before you dive head first, you will want to assess the pros and cons of using Celery for your own campaign.
What Are The Pros Of Using Celery For Crowdfunding?
- You Own The Campaign: You own your product and business, so why not own the campaign you’re using to fund it all? With other platforms, you’re pigeonholed into their templates and rules. With Celery, you are self-hosing your campaign, so you decide what the rules are and how it will look.
- You’re The Owner Of Your Pledges: Most people who pledge with the common platforms are loyal to those platforms. With Celery, you’re in charge of communicating with your pledges, and you have the freedom to interact with them.
- Less Competition: You are not competing with the vast number of campaigns on other platforms. As long as you attract users, you will possibly get more pledges.
- You’re Not Paying The Platform Fee: Kickstarter and other platforms are not free; instead, you have to pay a percentage of your earnings. With Celery, you bypass these charges – so more funds in your pocket.
What Are The Drawbacks To Using Celery For Crowdfunding?
- Not As Many Supporters: When you use a traditional crowdfunding campaign, people come seek out your ideas. With Celery, you will have to build the audience yourself. We highly suggest employing all-inclusive crowdfunding services so that you can attract a following and get people to your Celery page.
- It Requires Some Knowledge: Regular platforms have everything made for you, and you just input the text and photos. With Celery, it is a little more in-depth, and you will have to handle a lot of designing, refunds, chargebacks, and more.
- Less Social And Journalism Buzz: Reporters are always scouring regular crowdfunding platforms to see what’s emerging and new ideas. Celery does not get such exposure (yet). So, you might have to reach out to journalists yourself for a little extra PR.
Get Assistance By Using All-Inclusive Crowdfunding Services
Celery is a great tool for those that want to generate a following and get the funds they need to get started.
Even better, you can use the same platform to start pre-orders of your product – so you know just how many to make at launch.
Let the team at LC Media pave the way for your success on Celery. While there are drawbacks, we know how to overcome them, and we can help you get the PR buzz and attention you need to have a successful campaign.
Contact our experts to inquire about our crowdfunding services today by filling out an online contact form.